Andres Iniesta or Mesut Ozil? Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi?
This is the FM bloggers’ chance to voice those opinions and create a team fitting to their philosophies and ideal tactical systems.
– standard snake draft (by snake I mean that the order for round 1 is reversed for round 2 – order for round 1 is generated by a list randomiser)
– each drafter must pick a player to add to their 23-man squad
– you can pick a player when your time is up by mentioning his name in the comment section of this article – you’re welcome to say a few words about why you’ve picked him too
– once you have picked a player, no-one else can pick him
– each pick has a 24 hour limit – if you don’t pick within 24 hours then your turn is skipped and the draft moves on – you may make up your pick at any time after this point.
– at the end of the 23 round draft, each manager will be required to create a couple of paragraphs about the tactical systems they’d use if they were using this team in real-life or in football manager. This can be as long or as short as you so wish.
After discussions on Twitter, it was decided the more interesting part was picking the players and tactical systems so I’ve decided to abandon the idea of holidaying the game. Therefore, you don’t need Football Manager or anything like that – this is purely based on real-life and tactical theory.
Any other questions, let me know on Twitter or in the comments section below.